Grounding Accountability for Family Planning in the Wider Legal and Policy Framework: A Model for Accelerating Action
June 30, 2022
9:00 - 10:00 am EDT
Accountability in health is increasingly recognized as a key priority at the highest levels of the global health community. Family planning strategies, policies, programs and advocacy can be more effective if they are grounded in a comprehensive understanding of the accountability ecosystem for family planning. Yet, often these efforts move forward without that critical background.
Health Policy Plus has developed a Legal and Policy Framework to Accountability approach to help stakeholders understand the accountability ecosystem, the opportunities it affords, and the gaps that limit it to improve the effectiveness of family planning strategies, policies, programs and advocacy. With a solid understanding of the accountability ecosystem for family planning, stakeholders can design more strategic advocacy campaigns, establish connections with new partners, and address underlying systemic challenges to achieving family planning objectives in strategies and policies.
This webinar will provide an overview of our experience in developing this approach and applying it across two contexts: one in Zambia and the other across three Ouagadougou Partnership countries in their Motion Tracker work to accelerate FP2030 commitments. Join us as our speakers highlight the current contextual constraints, the application of the approach and preliminary ‘wins’ in the accountability space for family planning.
- Katie Peel, Senior Health Systems Strengthening Specialist, HP+/RTI International
- Alyson Lipsky, Technical Lead for Stewardship, HP+/RTI International
- Moses Muwonge, Director, Samasha Medical Foundation
- Charity Kirabo Nagemi, Health Economist and Advocacy Officer, Samasha Medical Foundation
- Charles Mwinuna, Provincial Health Director, Zambia
- Amos Mwale, Director, Centre for Reproductive Health and Education
- Mulenga Ching'ambo, Programs Manager, Centre for Reproductive Health and Education
- Muzi Kamanga, Country Coordinator, Women in Law and Development in Africa