The State of the Art in Health Financing Reform: Strengthening Subnational Financial Management
June 8, 2021
9:00 - 10:30 am EDT | 3:00 - 4:30 pm Mozambique | 4:00 - 5:30 pm Kenya
As health sector financial decision making moves to the sub-national level in countries like Mozambique and Kenya, strong public financial management is essential to ensure efficiency, transparency, and accountability. Strong information systems, digital solutions, and strengthened capacity at the local are essential elements for increasing resources and allocating them efficiently to expand and strengthen health service delivery.
This webinar will discuss the state of the art in public financial management and its role in the global effort to advance universal health coverage, explore recent advances to strengthen public financial management in Kenya and Mozambique, and provide a forum for discussion of current challenges and opportunities for innovation at sub-national levels.
- Suneeta Sharma – Project Director, HP+
- Sanjeev Gupta – Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Nicole Judice – Technical Lead, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning, HP+
- David Khaoya – Deputy Technical Director, HP+ Kenya
- Andrew Rori – Deputy Director, Learning and Development, Kenya School of Government
- Dr. Khadija Shikely – Chief Officer of Health Department, Mombasa County
- Dhimn Nzoya – Health Care Financing Specialist, USAID Kenya
- Rochika Chaudhry – Director, Health Systems Innovations, Palladium
- Dr. Sãozinha Agostinho – Director of Planning, Ministry of Health, Mozambique
- Salomão Lourenço – Senior Program Manager, THINKWELL, Mozambique
- Adriano Nhabanga – Development Assistance Specialist/Health Systems Team member, USAID Mozambique