What We Do
HP+ in Cambodia works to increase sustainable, predictable, and adequate financing for key health programs and to improve social health protection policy implementation by:
- Supporting design elements and key milestones related to social health insurance and the Health Equity Fund and supporting development and implementation of robust institutional arrangements at the Ministry of Economy and Finance and the National Social Security Fund that support universal health coverage aspirations.
- Costing the expansion of benefits packages, e.g., to include all HIV services, for social health insurance and Health Equity Fund, and promoting understanding among key decision-makers of the importance of expanding benefit packages.
- Working with the National AIDS Authority and the Ministry of Economy and Finance to develop evidence and advocacy actions to increase and sustain dedicated government funding for antiretroviral drugs and other HIV needs.
- Providing technical assistance to develop a strategy and implementation plan to increase domestic financing for HIV-related civil society organizations and community health workers and analyzing HIV-related beneficiary enrollment, benefits, and use of the Health Equity Fund.
- Assisting the Health Equity Fund payment certification agency to incentivize HIV testing, treatment, and retention.
- Developing an investment case for increased government resources for tuberculosis, with particular emphasis on drugs, laboratory tests, and case finding.
- Working to strengthen government capacity to improve efficiency of health sector spending, and understand current and potential engagement opportunities between the public and private sectors, the legal and regulatory policies and frameworks in place, and their impact on the health sector.