What We Do
Our work on behalf of equity includes
- Generating global and national data that make a compelling investment case for health equity as a poverty-reduction approach
- Using legal assessment tools to advance rights-based laws and policies at the national level
- Using market segmentation and geospatial analysis to identify areas of concentrated poverty and/or low services access at subnational/local levels
- Addressing the quality and accessibility of healthcare, as well as the eradication of stigma and discrimination, at community and facility levels
- Assessing the feasibility of total market approaches and universal health coverage, and promoting enabling policies to support them
We also look for innovative ways to expand democratic processes by engaging civil society actors and empowering communities to advance human rights, establish accountability mechanisms, generate and use reliable data, and assess the impact of equity-driven policies.