What We Do
HP+ responds to the evolving FP policy context and USAID priorities, while also working to advance global initiatives that increase FP access, mobilize domestic funding for FP, and foster greater accountability on the part of governments to follow through on their FP commitments. To achieve this, we
- Support the ongoing development and execution of costed implementation plans
- Strengthen policy and advocacy skills among country stakeholders to promote responsive FP policies and implementation
- Strengthen capacity of women leaders to foster joint accountability among national and subnational stakeholders to meet FP2020 commitments
- Apply transparency and accountability approaches to government commitments made through FP2020
- Review best practices and provide in-country guidance on UHC implementation
- Demonstrate how family planning and attention to population dynamics are crucial to achieving the SDGs
- Advocate for effective policy and program approaches to addressing the FP needs of young women
HP+ is the global leader in providing technical support and capacity building to ministries of health to plan, develop, and execute country-owned national Costed Implementation Plans (CIPs) for family planning (FP). A CIP is a multi-year roadmap designed to help governments achieve their FP goals by the most effective, efficient means possible.
HP+ works with policymakers across sectors to promote greater support of and resources for family planning in order to achieve the SDGs. The project aims to empower local stakeholders to translate the global goals into actionable policies and plans at the national and subnational levels, and to promote evidence-based decision making through the skillful use of data and advocacy.
HP+ is investing in women leaders by establishing multisectoral cadres of champions with the skills and confidence to effectively advocate for family planning and reproductive health investments and programs, foster joint accountability, and support countries to meet their national and global family planning commitments.