What We Do
HP+ responds to the evolving family planning policy context and USAID priorities, while working to advance global initiatives that increase access to and domestic funding for family planning and foster greater accountability on the part of governments to follow through on their family planning commitments. To achieve this, we:
- Identify and analyze family planning policy and financial needs and provide tools to help guide decisions on family planning financing
- Support evidence-based decisions about the introduction and expansion of new family planning methods
- Engage the private sector in family planning service delivery and health systems strengthening
- Support innovative financing models for family planning scale up and expand the capacity of family planning stakeholders to engage in financing discussions, including domestic resource mobilization
- Strengthen capacity of women leaders to foster joint accountability among national and subnational stakeholders to meet FP2020 commitments
- Support the ongoing development and execution of costed implementation plans
- Apply transparency and accountability approaches to government commitments made through FP2020
- Review best practices and provide in-country guidance on universal health coverage implementation and support the incorporation of family planning into universal health coverage initiatives, such as insurance
- Demonstrate how family planning and attention to population dynamics are crucial to achieving the SDGs
- Analyze the policy environment related to gender-based violence and support more effective policy implementation
HP+ is the global leader in providing technical support and capacity building to ministries of health to plan, develop, and execute country-owned national Costed Implementation Plans (CIPs) for family planning (FP). A CIP is a multi-year roadmap designed to help governments achieve their FP goals by the most effective, efficient means possible.
HP+ works with policymakers across sectors to promote greater support of and resources for family planning in order to achieve the SDGs. The project aims to empower local stakeholders to translate the global goals into actionable policies and plans at the national and subnational levels, and to promote evidence-based decision making through the skillful use of data and advocacy.
HP+ is investing in women leaders by establishing multisectoral cadres of champions with the skills and confidence to effectively advocate for family planning and reproductive health investments and programs, foster joint accountability, and support countries to meet their national and global family planning commitments.