What We Do
HP+ integrates gender principles into all aspects of our work by:
- Examining our activities through a gender lens to guarantee that the health services provided are consistently accessible and acceptable to all populations
- Addressing any inequalities we identify to ensure that all aspects of our work—from strategy and project design phases through implementation, monitoring, and evaluation—integrate best practices with regard to gender
- Supporting the efforts of health systems partners to make certain their work respects and protects individuals' rights, regardless of age, marital status, sex, sexual preference, and/or gender identity or expression
- Promoting women's leadership to strengthen individual and collective leadership, policy, advocacy, and joint accountability capabilities
- Measuring our impact by collecting gender-disaggregated data
HP+ works toward mainstreaming GSD competency in the global HIV response. The project provides expert guidance to help people understand how stigma and discrimination negatively affect gender and sexual minorities’ health and lives, and recognize opportunities to reduce stigma.