What We Do
HP+ works to catalyze action at both global and national levels to advance progress toward the World Health Organization's targets and strategies for Ending Preventable Maternal Mortality (EPMM); the Sustainable Development Goals; and the Every Woman, Every Child global strategy for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; as well as for USAID's plan for Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths.
Our work advocates that maternal health and RMC issues be strongly reflected in global monitoring frameworks, including the Every Woman, Every Child global strategy for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; and the EPMM agenda and indicator framework.
- Empower national civil society stakeholders to advocate for strong plans to advance progress toward EPMM targets
- Mobilize communities and civil society to hold health systems accountable to advance high-quality, respectful maternity care and improve working conditions of midwives
- Provide thought leadership, strengthen multisectoral collaboration, and influence global dialogues to build knowledge and understanding for improved policies, design, and implementation of respectful maternity care
- Increase policy advocacy for improved working conditions for, and increased investments in, midwives at the global level and in national contexts
- Include the voices of women within global maternal health dialogues to highlight local realities, including neglected issues such as stillbirths
HP+ supports the role of midwives and women’s right to high-quality, respectful maternity care. By engaging stakeholders in a global advocacy campaign, HP+ is highlighting the barriers midwives face in providing care and advocating for midwives to be valued and respected.